Women4Good started as a simple brunch between 6 girlfriends in San Francisco. These awesome women who were passionate about social impact (nonprofits, corporations and startups) started meeting casually. From there, the group started meeting monthly and eventually began hosting events at Google, Twitter, Airbnb and more. Now, Women4Good has over 800 members (and growing!) in the Bay Area.
Impact to Date
- The #RefugeesWelcome Holiday Gala benefitting 78 refugee families in the Bay Area. Nearly $30,000 was raised during this effort
- The #Resist Party benefitting gender equality issues raised over $6,000 for Samasource and Spark SF projects
- “Corporations Doing Good for Women” raised over $700 for Raphael House, which supports homeless women and sexual abuse survivors
- "World Refugee Day: A State of the Crisis" raised over $1200 for Jusoor, allowing 2 Syrian refugee children living in Lebanon to get a year's worth of education
- Meetups at Airbnb, Google, Twitter, Cambria Gallery have resulted in connections between members, new jobs and friendships